Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Dark Knight

Saw this movie almost a week back.
I am no batman fan but then Anya, he is ardent batman fan.
I actually came to know from his blog only that this movie is gonna release pretty soon…and then it did.

Saw the movie last Wednesday on 23rd July and very next day got a mail about Heath Ledger (Joker) from Arpit. The mail subject line was "The LOST JOKER " as Heath is no more. When I forwarded it, I had few sentences written by my own, I guess they will be perfect for this post.
The mail was as follows:-

Hi Guys....
Saw "TDK" last night...and believe me its unaffordable miss...i just cant express everything bout the movie in words...
its simply a MUST WATCH !!
For those who think...that I am not much into Batman...so I wont get the movie or njoy it ...trust me...i was one of u....this was my 1st batman movie...
nd now i m a batman fan...this is perhaps the best batman movie (I havent seen oders' though lol) ...
But u gotta see it...
Christopher Nolan and Chirstian Bale actually form a deadly combo...
But the show stealer ya may be U can say...one man show is by the person "Heath Ledger" as "JOKER" !!
The quote in my signature is dedicated to Heath...and he has made it happen.
The quote read:-
"Cinema should make you forget you are sitting in a theater. --- Roman Polanski"
-------------------------End of Mail ------------------------------
What was killing me was that one day before I saw the movie, I got a mail in which it was ranked IMDB #1 and that was something very very unbelievable for me…cuz earlier it was “The Godfather” and then movies like “The Shawshank Redemption” “The Godfather: Part II” were among the few in the top list.
And these movies are very close to my heart and I can watch them and just keep watching them.
So when I got to know about TDK being ranked #1, watching it as soon as possible became as necessary as some assignment about to meet deadline.
And after I saw it, I really liked the movie very much…I won't compare the movies with the ones I have mentioned above…ya but I would definitely agree that TDK is one of the best movies in recent years and it is complete fun to watch it.
That’s all.
Its 3.55 am now…time to sleep…office tomorrow…oh no…today…bye :-)
-------------------------------------
Why So Serious ?
-------------------------------------
For real cool TDK pics Please Click Here.

1 comment:

Arpit Khuraswar said...

WHY...Sooooo... SERIOUS...

Just loved this movie man.....