Thursday, April 23, 2009

A noteworthy failure

Everyone has some failures in life. I am no exception.
This failure is something that will be remembered all life.

This is the failure that will make me remember that I am no genius to get thru the MBA exams.

I actually feel that I am an intelligent fella and if I try hard I can do well in exams too.

But it didn’t turn out to be true in case of the MBA exams I appeared for this year.
I gave all the exams I was eligible for…CAT, XAT, FMS, NMAT, SNAP, JMET and CET and I simply screwed up all them…pretty well and equally…I got thru none.

CAT...scored pathetically bad…lower than my 1st attempt last year without studying.
XAT…did well…very good score but didn’t get thru Math cut-off so simply of no use.
FMS, NMAT, SNAP, JMET don’t remember the scores but screwed them too.

CET the only exam where I would have stood some good chance as it has reservation for NT…I screwed it too…not completely though…scored fine and now GD/PI is awaiting and after that the results will be declared…so lets wait and watch…I cant say anything more.

But scores of these exams is not the real embarrassment for me, neither is the fact that I must have spent at least 10000 bucks behind the exams and for applying in some other institutes and additional 5000 for the correspondence course in IMS and test series.

The real embarrassment is that I took more than a month time to study for the exams, I took leave for a month and went to Nagpur and I planned to study at least 16 hours a day and just crack each of the fuckin exams but vice a versa happened, I got fucked in all of them. Its not that I didn’t try at all, I did...but now I feel that may be it was not up to the mark...but now giving explanations is of no use, as it has been very correctly said “Excuses are for the losers” and may be I am one of them.

I am not pessimistic to accept that I am not worth being an MBA but then I won’t be a fool claiming I am worth one though I can’t become one.

So now I am waiting for my last result and the upcoming GD/PI. If I get thru then well and good or else I have this current IT life to live ahead.

Just wish me luck :D

P.S. The post was written in office in evening and I have posted it now.

6 comments:

"Vedrahool" said...

Man Jo jita wohi sikander.. Nobody cares how much efforts did u put in... N How much sure r u tht Ur efforts wer up to the mark.. No need take tension nw.. All da best for CET...

Manish Mattawar said...

ha bey...even i bliv in the same...dats wat i meant by "excuses are for losers" ... and thnx for the wishes...

Unknown said...

Rahuli has already summed up everything...what matters is you gave it a try...Now in future you will never have to regret for not trying atleast...

Freakzillaron said...

abe sale tu kabse aise baten karne lage bey....chill u ll get thru and this IT life aint bad either brighter days r awaiting u man so take a chill pill u ll be doin gr8 .....for inspiration look at me, akshay , gaurang , rahulee see we r doin so well ;)

Arpit Khuraswar said...

Saale manya tension mat le....
to be true you are the only one in group who knows his right potential on all fronts....aur saale tu shayad finally ek cheez bolna bhool gaya which is sooo unlike what you really are...

Agar is baar nahi hota hai to its not IT life ahead..... CAT will be there next year also... and m sure this will be the last time you have to appear for that....

ALL THE BEST FOR CET...

Manish Mattawar said...

@anya:- ya man..i dont hv any regret.i m cool.

@rohan:- hehee...ha bey tum logon ko dekhta hun toh accha lagta hain ;-)

@arpit:- tu jara jada hi tension le raha hain bey...

salo sabko ek baar aur bol raha hun...i m cool guys.