Saturday, April 18, 2009

Got the Band “C” :-)

Band C is not Band Contest here :-)
It’s my rating in my company. I remember I have never mentioned about my work anywhere in my blog. For the unaware people if they ever read this blog, I am working as a software engineer in TCS (Tata Consultancy Services).

Few days back I got my appraisal done and got placed in band C that means 3 out of 5.
Ya I know its not a thing to be proud about or something since there are people getting 4 and 5 (B and A) but the thing to be happy about is that there are many other people who have been placed in band D and E as well (2 and 1 out of 5) and that’s really dangerous now in this recession.

I remember that I got placed in Band D last year and I was so fuckin tensed and frustrated cuz of it. I had been a part of 2 projects in that financial year and still I was rated as an under performer but later it got changed (this is also a long story…may be someday will become one other post). But that time system default rating was 2 and hence it was one of the valid points for me to get it changed. System default rating is for people who have been on bench for the entire year; say they didn’t get any work or responsibilities.

Anyways the thing is that this year TCS changed its default rating to 1 and hence many people have been rated 2 out of 5 even after being a part of project for much time of the year. Also my 1st half yearly rating was around 3.6 but my 2nd half yearly rating was just 2.69 which was a point of concern for me and I was very much sure that I am gonna get fuckin D this time too but fortunately everything went well and now I have Band C.

So I am happy :-)


P.S. : TCS rating system is not satisfactory for all. Last year my H1 and H2 were 3.4 and 3.5 approximately but still I got 2.

3 comments:

"Vedrahool" said...

Sometimes we dont get what we deserve.. Congrats though (J.J;-)

Unknown said...

Its okay be...Point system is not everything...If you are happy then none of the other thing matters...

Manish Mattawar said...

ya dudes...i m happy...and now for another 365 days ntng else matters...untill next rating...hehe