Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Bad Day !! (Few Murphy's Laws)

(Wrote this blog on August 03,2007 at around 11 pm)

A bad day…

Writing this one in the bus to pune.
Its 11 pm.
I am in a govt Volvo from Mumbai to pune.

Todays day was extremely bad.

The first thing dat was bad about it was weather, it was raining fuckin heavily...

Got up at 8 in mng, 3 hrs b4 my usual time.
Went wid a fnd to tata aig office, for getting our lapsed insurance policies renewed.
I got into local after a long time.
It was completely packed. As usual we were standing.
I had my lappy bag on my shoulder since I had decided to travel to pune for weekend.
Dunno why but I also had a jeans jacket on me, which was sweating me like nething.
To add to my irritation, the plc whr I was standing had a dripping fan above.
As per murphy’s law wherever I tried to move a bit, the dirty drops came nd fell thr, once on my mobile screen too…it wud hav been very funny to watch its live telecast…atleast oders wud hav laughed.
There was also a lamp above whus glass outer cover was acting as a container for water.

Usually it takes 30 minutes to reach dadar from borivali, but today it took almost 2 hrs.
We reached the insurance ofc nd got the formalities done, which took much more time dan we expected.

Oh, I forgot to mention, we had to nehow goto tata aig ofc today…cuz today was the last date of getting our policies renewed, and I dnt know wat v wr doing till today… :-)

The time was almost 1 in noon, and I wasn’t in office yet, though I woke up early so I cud reach ofc earlier…but alas.
Then I got a train back to goregaon nd reached office at exactly 3 o clock.

In Mumbai rains, u need to have umbrella…raincoats never work…luckily I had one…

I came to ofc, dint had nething from morning except chai nd sutta.
Worked nd then had something at 6 in canteen…kinda heavy snacks…

The weather became worse and emergency off was declared in all tcs offices, the busses wr at 5.30 only..it was too early for me to leave, so I decided to stay back…also I had decided to goto pune…but wasnt sure as it was still raining heavily.

Had a conf call wid onsite coordinator, lasted for one hour…
Left ofc at 8.30 and reached dadar station.
To add to my frustration I noticed dat sm1 has stolen my umbrella, the only fnd I had for all fucked up nd bugged up day…
It was placed in the side pocket of my bag…
The motherfucker (thief) will die soon.

As per murphy’s law, for entire day the scene was dat whenever I was in train or rick it wudnt rain, nd as soon as I get outside on road, it wud start raining fukin heavily.
The same hapnd wen I reached dadar just to make me realize dat it was my carelessness that I lost my umbrella.

Then I got the Volvo ticket.
One prime reason to prefer Volvo today was rains, cuz in normal busses u never kno when ur window will start dripping nd u get frustrated beyond limits…

I sat in Volvo and got the window sit nd just after 5 min I noticed somehow the water was comin in nd it was dripping…I just don’t even wanna let my frustration come out in words now…leave it…may be another murphy’s law…

Luckily the bus isn’t packed so I came to one back seat.

One more thing, generally I carry lappy headphones wid me, today I didn’t, thinking dat I nvr need them while traveling, but today I m not at all feeling sleepy so took out lappy, thot of watching some movie or atleast listen some songs but now I don’t have headphones…another muphy’s law…nd then I thot of writing this blog…

From mng I have had just a roll nd 2 puffs nd I m flng damn hungry but I just cant help myself…

Hope this day which began in bad way doesn’t end in the same way and I reach pune safely.

Dats it….have fun….

No comments: